cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Message in WEBI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Is it possible to display a message in WEBI? If possible please let me know how can i display it.

Thanks for any response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

You can build a Variable Editor Object such as this:

=If([Input Year]=[Current Year];"PLEASE REVIEW";"")

If the condition is true the message is displayed where the Object is placed on the report.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amr is correct, there is no concept or functionality of message dialog pop-up box in Webi Intelligence reporting tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can have Discussions among Users through Infoview, but am not sure what do you mean by "Message"

The Discussions feature enables you to create notes for reports, hyperlinks, programs, and other objects in InfoView. BusinessObjects Enterprise users who have the appropriate rights can view the notes or add their own comments to a discussion thread, which is a series of related notes in a hierarchical format. You can create a discussion thread or add notes to a discussion thread for any object to which you have access.

Note: You must have view rights on an object to be able to view that object and its associated notes. If you are not sure whether or not you have the appropriate rights, contact your BusinessObjects Enterprise administrator.

This is probably the only way to have discussion among concurrent users using Infoview.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a simple message like MessageBox in .Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I am not sure what you are trying to do, like Amr asked, what are you basing your message on???

Maybe your answer the lies in the SDK forum.

Regards

Jacques

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WebI is just a reporting tool

to show a message you need an action

and you can not do that in the WebI report as i said before its a reporting tool.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

There are various functions yuo can use to display a message. You can build a variable based on the conditions of either data, user inputs and data providers.

Hope this helps

Jacques

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wat kind of message do you mean?