Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

want to chenge Master data

Hi Gurus,

We have existing SAP BI system for long. However due to some changes a new master data management (DRM) is now in place and is suppose to be in place. The system has some additional master data attribute along with old ones and also some fields has changed. As decision has been made to source master data from DRM, we are bit confused. I have couple of question:

1. What will happen to existing master data SIDs(as they are connected to existing cube already), if I reload all master data attributes:

a. and for navigational attribute value changes.

b. for display attribute value changes.

eg 0costcentre having attribute country, I have cost center 123 which was part of Spain now I want to change it to France. Do I need to reload all cubes if I change country when

a. country is nav, attr.

b. country is display attr.

2. In case I want to add a new attribute to existing master data, do I need to reload data in all previous cubes.

Please help

replied

Divya,

1. What will happen to existing master data SIDs(as they are connected to existing cube already), if I reload all master data attributes:

Here is you have used read master data and have stored the attributes in your cubes / DSO's you need to reload the cubes to see the changed master data. However if you have declared the country as a nav attribute then you need not do anything. Just reload master data and then run an attribute change run.

To quote your example :

eg 0costcentre having attribute country, I have cost center 123 which was part of Spain now I want to change it to France.

Here is you have STORED the value Spain in the cube by including the country characteristic in the cube directly then you need to reload.

If it is a display attribute then no need to worry.

Do I need to reload all cubes if I change country when

a. country is nav, attr. - Depends on whether the same is stored or not....

b. country is display attr. - no need ot reload unless you are storing the same using a routine.

2. In case I want to add a new attribute to existing master data, do I need to reload data in all previous cubes. - you need not reload - only that wherever the Infoobject is used - like DSO / CUbe etc , the transformation will become inactive and you need to reactivate the same and transport the transformations also.

Arun

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question