Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extend idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used an idoc type SDPIID01 but it does not contain any fields where i can map handling unit information. However the delvry03 has the handling unit information but not some of the information tat SDPIID01 has. What should i do? Do i need to extend the SDPIID01 with the handling unit segments ? or is there any other way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju Reddy,

As you said you can extend the SDPIID01.

First create Segement in transaction WE31 and then create IDOC extension in WE30 transaction.

In WE31 you can need to add the fields that you want to extend to the IDOC.

IN WE30 transaction give the idoc type and select teh extension radion button and attach the segement created to the extended IDOC.

You need to use the same Extended IDOC while transferring the data.

Best regards,

raam

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju Reddy,

As you said you can extend the SDPIID01.

First create Segement in transaction WE31 and then create IDOC extension in WE30 transaction.

In WE31 you can need to add the fields that you want to extend to the IDOC.

IN WE30 transaction give the idoc type and select teh extension radion button and attach the segement created to the extended IDOC.

You need to use the same Extended IDOC while transferring the data.

Best regards,

raam

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarity Raam. Just out of curiosity can we put different fields taken from different segments into a single segment that we are creating while extending the idoc or should we create separate segments?

0 Kudos

Hi Anju Reddy,

You can use different fields taken from different segments into a single segment.

You need to write code to populate the fields.

Best regards,

raam