cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default account assignment category in ME51N/ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to default account assignment category while creating PR and PO based in document type, how is it possible without using personal settings or default settings ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SU01 enter your Login ID

select the Parameter tab you can set the default

Account assignment for ME51N/ME21N

This is the Std procedure

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal and Ganesh

Thanks for your replies,

Ganesh,

There are 3 custom document types based on which the account assignment category should be defaulted, and more over there will be many users who create PR or PO, I think we can default only one value un SU01.

Kunal,

Can you explain in detail how to achieve that, sorry your message is clear but I am Technical guy and I cant find where to do that, I am checking SPRO->MM ->Define document types, I didn't see accout assignment , I saw Item category only , where exactly I need to check.

Thanks

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of my Knowledge, It is Not at all Possible in Standard SAP to Set the Default Account Assignment based on the PO / PR Document Type.

Regards,

Ashok

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

try this

copy the doc type of ur pr or po to zb then in acct assignment delete all the acct assignments except the one u want

so system will pick up the acct assignment which is there in ur doc type

u can have look example of sto order here only U acct assignment is there so system pick only thata

if u want others also then try change the sequence of ue acct assignments , in std the blank (std ) is the default assignment

so keep the assignment u want at first

hope it is clear

so try it

regards

kunal

award if helpful

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I feel it is not possible to make the default account assignment apart from doing it in personal settings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes, even I am assuming the same, but I checked previous posts before posting, some of them marked question as solved. I dont know how could they do, didn't share the solution. I am trying to solve using BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST but unsucessful. I am really curious how could they solve without using personal settings or default settings?

Guys if anyone has solved, please share the solution.

Thanks

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

The Business Add-In (BAdI) ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST enables you to extend the business logic of the Enjoy purchase order on an individual basis.

Typical applications for this BAdI include:

Processing of own objects

Processing of additional data on standard objects

Implementation of additional checks and derivations

Change of data in standard fields

Change in field selection

Use one of the the methods

Field selection At item level method FIELDSELECTION_ITEM_REFKEYS

Special rules at item level method FIELDSELECTION_ITEM

This method enables you to change the display properties of fields at item level by supplementing or swapping the field selection reference key. You can thus restrict the processing options for certain groups of users, for example.

The following parameters are available:

IM_ITEM

This import parameter contains the item data of the outline agreement.

The interface reference is of the category IF_PURCHASE_OUT_ITEM.

CH_KEY0 to CH_KEY6

These change parameters contain the field selection reference keys.

Please go through the BAdi Document tation for more details

This is no way useful for your answer.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

So you say there is no way we can default Account assignment category using BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST other than default settings. Please confirm I would stop researching on this, I have checked notes also but none.

Thanks