cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Excel tabs so data shows up in one report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a huge excel file with 16 tabs (sheets) of data. Each tab has an excel speadsheet filled. I have the data in Crystal. Each tab shows up as a separate table. I've tried to link each in different ways but can only get one table to show up in the report. I want all the data in one report. If that's possible. It would be very large.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Each worksheet should appear as a table in CR and if there are linkable fields then you should be able to set up the links in the Links tab of the database expert. If you are unable to see the tables/sheets in the database expert or links tab then you might want to try defining the workseets in Excel. Highlight the column headers and data > Insert > Name > Define. Enter in the sheet name or the name you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

Thanks for answering,

Yes I have the tables and can link them (have tried a couple of different ways) One has all the data fields linked between tables and the other way was to run them in series with just one field linked. Either way the Field Explorer on the right side of the screen shows each table and each table lists all the fields. But the problem is that the report only shows data from one table, not all the tables or all the data. The data that it shows is only from the table that I selected the fields from.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Linking the tables just ensures that related data is returned. If you want to display all of the data from all tables you willneed to put the fields from each table on the report or create a formula that adds them together.

Answers (0)