cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting is only possible with a zero balance; correct document

Former Member

Hello SAP gurus,

Please help me here. I tried to post a vendor invoice but i got an error message "Posting is only possible with a zero balance; correct document".

The debit and credit balance is correct. In document entry i checked calculate tax and the GL master was assigned a tax code. How can i correct the document and be able to post the invoice?

Thanks in advance,

Prakash

0 Kudos

click on editing option and try activate or deactivate calculation taxes on net amount

tatab
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

actually I am facing the same error at the time fist you can do one thing

At the time of postings please check before the GL Account under the GL accounts that GL account you are activate the "Tax Category" you can do one this deactivate the tax code in GL accounts and Save that GL after the changes and you can go to your posting like FB60,FB70,FB50 etc and you can try to post it got successfully resolved this error.

Regards

subbu yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw your posted comment. I recommend raising your question again as a new question and follow our rules of engagement: https://community.sap.com/resources/rules-of-engagement. The author of the original question is no longer active in the community and won't receive your query. Feel free to take our Q&A tutorial at: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html. With these tips you'll be able to prepare questions that draw responses from our members.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

Just put * in amount field in any of the line item and then simulate, you wont face it.

Rgds,

SAP Friend

former_member209616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Request you to please check the tolerances once and then post your document.

Sometimes if the difference is more than the tolerances then this might happen.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had also faced same issue and got it resolved.

For resolving it, I made necessary changes in Editing Options in transaction FB01.

These Editing options are user specific settings and these can be found in transaction FB01 -

Go to Settings --> Editing Options (F9).

Alternatively, you can click Editing Option Button on FB01 Screen (Call Up Editing options for Accounting).

Please check if it resolves your issue.

Best Regards,

Rajinder Sharma

former_member186064
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajinder,

I was also getting the same error while posting F-43 (Vendor invoice)

I resolved the issue as you suggested. I just unticked "Calculate taxes on net amount" in Editing Options.

Goto - F-43 -> Press F9 -> un tick "Calculate taxes on net amount"

Regards,

RKS

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the amount entered is including with tax or without tax.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Did you try simulating the document, you will exactly come to know where the difference lies?

and you can correct it yourself.

Thanks

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the simulation and it still gave me the same error message exactly.

The amount is the total including tax. Is there any configuration i missed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use the correct tax code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In simulation, please check in which item the difference is appearing?

When such an error comes, there is a mis-match of debit and credit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, i used the input tax code i created. I tried to post without assigning the tax code and still the same error.

Are you saying the difference between debit and credit amounts. If so it is the same. I appreciate for your effort sanjay