cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layout problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I was trying (inside a package in development scenario) to edit a layout (excel front end) but this layout use macros and it has some kinda hardcode according to exact cells positions and ranges.

The thing is that I move some fields and suddenly everything moved like a mess, so I was tryin' to let it in order but this excel seems like is not working anymore, so i was thinhking about transporte this layout from quality scenario to development scenarios but i dont know if this is posible, is it?

Or in other case, what would you suggest 4 this?

Best Regards

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best option is to try and replicate the layout as seen in QA system.

You could talk with basis about moving objects from QA to DEV system but am sure they would not agree to it.It leads to complications and never recommended to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you can check the code in the quality system and copy it in the development system. I believe this can be worked out.

Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The failure is probably related to the named cells, rather than issues with macros.

If you add new characteristics in or delete cells/rows/columns, you need to be careful about maintaining the positions of named cells in the header areas.

For axample, the lead columns have name sap_F0001, SAP_F0002 and so on,

Data columns have names SAP_S0001, SAP_S0002 and so on.

I suggest tha you go through a working layout to checkout where they belong, by tabbing through the cells.

If you change characteristics or add/delete cells, then be sure that they are in the correct postions. Merged cells (like in a title/header) can mask where they are.

If the layout doesn't work there is no point in transporting it.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

why is impossible to transport a layout from quality ot development?