cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating PDF object

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Adobe Interactive Forms with Guided Procedures. Netweaver 7.0 SP14 (Dual stack Java & Abap). All was working well it appears until we configured SSL for ADS - don't know for sure if this caused the problem but it is the only change we can identify around the time that our problems began.

When we attempt to Create an Impersonalized Form we receive the following error -

Cannot retrieve template structure: Execution ended in an unrecognized state

When we attempt to test a callable object associated with an interactive form we receive -

Error while creating PDF object: PDF object could not be created; object returned from ADS is null.

In both cases the entries in the default trace log are the same -

Service XMLFormService: Native process (PID=0) /usr/sap/UFD/DVEBMGS02/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormService/bin/XMLForm.exe terminated abnormally with error code 134

PDF object could not be created; object returned from ADS is null

com.sap.caf.eu.gp.base.exception.EngineException: PDF object could not be created; object returned from ADS is null

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.iforms.adapter.pdf.AdobePDFAdapter.createInstanceDocument(AdobePDFAdapter.java:542)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.iforms.preproc.FormPreprocessor.execute(FormPreprocessor.java:507)

Like I mentioned earlier this functionality was working successfully in our environment at one time.

Any guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With assistance from SAP we have resolved the problem

In the Visual Administrator, on the Cluster tab, Server u2192 Services u2192 Document Services Data Manager. We needed to set EnableSSL to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

If you originally configured ADS without SSL, I would recommend going back through the ADS Configuration Guide for your NetWeaver stack and make sure all the necessary changes for SSL were made. I've seen another case where a step was missed in SSL configuration for ADS which caused a form to error.

If everything looks good based on your SSL configuration, I would recommend creating an OSS Note.

-Matt