Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I have two questions

1. How can we update price info record every month if there is a review of price from vendor every month, do we use T-code ME1B.

2. I wanted to know some examples of Gap analysis faced during Implementation.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can update by 2 ways

1. Manually entered Each Info record.

2. Write a BDC with the help of ABAP and do the uploading

we use to do the 2 nd method if it is BULK

G.Ganesh Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

For Info updates:

1. Do it manually, bcoz there even if we use info update indicator it'll will not update the Po price, but will update the PO price history.....So can maintain it manually....

2. Do use BAPI's to fulfill your demand...

3. May take help of abaper's ....

Gaps:

Here are few examples of the GAP's:

1. Gate Pass - Returnable and Non-Returnable

2. Alternative BOM determination in Subcontracting PO

3. Excise - Registers, Form Tracking, etc...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

With ME11 create a purchase inforecord in combination of VENDOR, MATERIAL and Purchase organizations and plant. Using ME12 you can make changes to the inforecord including price. Since you mention that need to update price on month wise, it is also possible to make INFO UPDATE in purchase document whenever price changed. This option will update info record price automatically.

You can use MEKP also to change price in vendor info record.

Handling Info record and timely updation of info records is one of the typical part in procurement process in SAP ERP. Its a combination of several features and limitations. Please go through the Purchase Info record (MM-PUR) documentation once.

Regarding GAP analysis examples:

A through gap analysis will identify the gaps between how currently the business operates and its needs against what the package can can't do (ex; existing system or legacy system with Client and new is SAP).

For each gap there will be one of three outcomes which must be recorded and actioned, GAP must be closed and customised software can be developed close the gap, GAP must be closed but software cannot be written therefore a workaround is required, GAP does not need to be closed.

Few examples found on GAP analysis

1. For Example that the Client wants to configure in such a way that while performing Material determination he wants to swap the materials by Customers description ( given in Customer Material Information Record)which is not a functionality of SAP.For this you will be creating the field in the Field Catalogue for creating Material determination table with the help of user Exits.(ABAP Consultants)

2. A leading Oral care product company wanted the promotion of free-goods where they wanted 'Buy one get 2 different products free'.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.