cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis of picking means of transport in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me in understanding basis of picking means of transport in APO and what is the link between R/3 means of transport and APO means of transport.

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Even i am also in view of Ken's stand.

As far as i know, when we transfet Contract/Schedule agrrement from R/3 to APO then system creates Transportation lanes.

But for Means of transport, we need to upload it independently in APO irrespective of R/3 data. So it's independent from R/3.

Regards,

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that there is not relationship between R/3 and APO means of transport?

But in R/3 also we also have means of transport (table TVTR, T618)

Also why Means of transport is changing when i transfer PR (means of transport 0005) from APO and receive PO from R/3 (now in APO means of transport in PO is 0003).

We are converting PR to PO in R/3 and CIFing it back to APO immediately.

Also for some product we find it is changing from 0003(PR)-0005 (PO) in APO.

Thanks for your reply.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In R/3 the means of transport is recorded in Shipment document. It contains all the information necessary for carrying out transportation. The means of transport necessary for a shipment is reflected in the system as a handling unit. These handling units contain information about tare weight and -volume of the means of transport as well as the weight of the packed handling unit. Information about the country providing the means of transport, details about the driver and travel time are also included in these handling units. Handling units that have already been created for delivery items are copied into the shipment document where they can be packed further, if necessary. Delivery items that have only been partially packed or not packed at all can be packed in the shipment documents.

In APO the means of transport is planned in TPVS. If the client do not have TPVS implemented, the means of transport are taken based on the locations, products and cost as well.

The difference between the R/3 and APO means of transport I see is that in APO there is product specific means of transport wherein we can assign the means of transport for specific products based on its demand or perishability. For example, if we have a Tlane between US and Ind, the possible means of transport could be by AIR or by Water. For a product which is a primary and active product for a company, the means of transport can be assigned as Air rather by water.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

How is that mapping done?

APO MOT value need to be mapped with corresponding value in R/3 system u2013 Means of Transport Type (table VBKD field name TRATY - for sales document).

You can use BADI on both side (R3 as well as APO)for the same.

R/3 side BADI

CAVE_SL_DOC_INBOUND

APO side

APOCFPCO APO enhancement: Sales Order Publishing

Hope it helps.

Regds,

SCMBEE

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

We use means of transport in two areas. One is in supply network planning, production planning and the other is in TPVS.

TPVS means of transports are mapped with R/3. Where as the others as above said mens of transports will not have any link with R/3.

Means of transport used to determine minimum and maximum lotsizes for heuristics, transportation duration, calender, pull in horizon for TLB, TLB profiles set for truck load building, and the resource descretization in Optimization. Product specific means of transport for rounding profile and Lotsize profile determination.

You can have all product lanes means of transport to determine the above said parameters and you can deferentiate some of the products parameters by maintaining product specific means of transport.

I hope this explain you query.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple: NONE.

Ken Snyder