cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection of BOM During MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have three alternatives of BOM.The lot size and the validity period for all the boms is same.Now during MRP Run the system only selects the first alternative and plans the depending materials of that BOM.

I want to set the system in such a way that i can able to select any alternative of bom and carry out the MRP Run.

Please help me ..

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

With same valid From & To Date and Same Lot Size,

In this case system will select first BOM alternative.

If you want to choose a particular BOM then go for production version ,assuming that u r not willing to change the lot size or valid from & to date,then u lock the production versions which you dont want to show to the system before running MRP except the one which u r willing to choose.

We cant choose manually the prod.version during MRP.

Assuming that in MRP4 view of FERT material u have given option 2 in BOM slection method.

The other way is u manitain different lot size and acccordingly the production version will be selected by the system.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

Do you use Production versions? Are your demand coming from Planned Independent requirements(PIR)? If yes then when creating PIR itself you can assign the production version so that when MRP is run BOM is exploded specific to Production Version.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is not possible in the present setup.

One alternate way is create a BOM with different validity interms of base qty and the date so that let system selects as per the validity.