Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Industry Specific SAP module

nitish_govindwar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is their any module in SAP specifically for Shipping Industry?

If yes, please let me know where can I have that information pool.

And if not in SAP; which are other software availabe in market which support the platform of SAP?

Actually SAP ECC 6.0 is already implemented in my Company and now company is going to start own shipping Industry.

So if you have any solution for my requirement your comments will be appreciate.

Regards,

Nitish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not sure that SAP has an IS for Shipping.

Regarding the non SAP software for shipping industry...Teledata Informatics has developed a software for shipping industry and it is popular also. Since Teledata also works on SAP projects. You can contact them to know more about the software.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

You can have SAP-Transport Managmenet System Module.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Generally its implemennted in Logistic related industry.

But specific to Shipping you can find out if its having IS-Shipping.

Regds

MM

nitish_govindwar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your excellent response.

Rgds,

Nitish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitish,

I really do n't know how to help you. I have a presentation on how SAP can meet the core requirements of a shipping liner and agency requirements .. From Bookings, Documentation, Inland Transport , Equipment Control , Port Operations ..But I cannot share this information as this information is confidential .

I would suggest you contact SAP Travel and Transportation business unit.

Regards

Mahendra

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may go for SAP- Transport Management System.

Please go through this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks,

Vrajesh

nitish_govindwar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Actually earlier our company used to assigned transportaion task to shipment agency.Now company is planning to own few Ships, so as to avoid dependency and start own shipping business.

Can you eloborate me further on this required scenerio.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then as the Company will use their own Transport they can maintain these transactions in SAP using 'Transportation' available.Where there will be transactons of Shipment create and also entring the shipment cost..and many more options available..

Hope this helps u...

-Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on your client business if the ucoming industry can be useful to ship th goods then u can maintain this in the SAP through Design of Transportation.This can b done in SAP.

Sudheer