cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change assignment of chart of depreciation to co. code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have assigned chart of depreciation 123 to co code 1000. With this assignment we have created two assets under the chart of depreciation 123.

But now instead chart of depreciation 123 we have to assigned previous chart of depreciation 100 (which we have created for other co codes) to co code 1000 .

But system is giving following error while changing chart of depn to co code

You cannot process company code 2900, it contains assets

Message no. AC507

Diagnosis

You want to delete company code 2900 or assign company code 2900 to a different chart of depreciation.

However, at least one asset exists in company code 2900.

System Response

The action cannot be carried out.

Procedure

Check the company code entry. You may have to reset the assets in this company code, if it is not in production operation.

Please guide me how do i change ths assignment of chart of depn to co code.

Thanks in advance

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sonal first clear your question.

in first two paragraphs you said company code 1000, after that you are talking about company code 2900, what is correct, please clear it then only any one can solve it.

dont misunderstand

thank you

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. shankar,

I have made necessary corrections in the following threat, hope this will clear all the confusions -

I have assigned chart of depreciation 2900 to co code 2900. With this assignment we have created two assets under the chart of depreciation 2900.

But now instead of chart of depreciation 2900 we have to assigned chart of depreciation 1000 (which we have created for other co codes)

But system is giving following error while changing chart of depn to co code

You cannot process company code 2900, it contains assets

Message no. AC507

Diagnosis

You want to delete company code 2900 or assign company code 2900 to a different chart of depreciation.

However, at least one asset exists in company code 2900.

System Response

The action cannot be carried out.

Procedure

Check the company code entry. You may have to reset the assets in this company code, if it is not in production operation.

Please guide me how do i change ths assignment of chart of depn to co code.

Thanks in advance

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

When this is only in your development system you can use the transaction

OABL Reset Company Code.

After this you can assign depr area 1000.

This is NO option for a production system.

Paul

viswanathyeragolla9
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I got this error form FI-AA, I have been checking since morning no one give the solution. But now your only the solution which you have mentioned point using T.Code OABL.

I am appreciated.

Rgrds,

Viswanaath