cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event trigger from ECC to SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement that after finishing a specific background job in ECC, Process Chain in SCM should start.

Has anyone worked in this before? Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Partha Maity

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

Thanks for your imput. It is really helpful. What i could understand that after finishing a Job in ECC ,in a second step we will develop a custom FM , which will do RFC and will call BP_EVENT_RAISE and will trigger the event in SCM. and in SCM we will define the start job as ''after event'. Event can be defined in SCM.

Is my assumptions are correct??

I have also came accross a FM:RSPC_API_CHAIN_START which says it will be used to call process chain in SCM. WHill this be helpful.

Your suggestations needed.

thanks,

partha maity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Yes. Your assumptions are right.

Regarding your 2nd FM : RSPC_API_CHAIN_START, it is inout for me as well. Not tried this. So not able to comment.

Moreover, if you found my earlier response useful, please award points.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pushkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by below steps: (which can be one of the approaches)

1] In your ECC Background Job, add a last step which will be a custom program developed to Call RFC Enabled FM in SCM which will raise the desired Event. (Can be made in SCM by TC : SM62)

2] Custom Program will be for e.g.: u2018Z_CALL_FMu2019 which will remote enable the custom function module say - Z_FM_EVENT (this should be Remote enabled) which will further call the standard FM u2018BP_EVENT_RAISEu2019 of SCM (standard FM: responsible for event triggering).

3] Now schedule your SCM Process chain which will have Starting Condtition as After Event which we created in TC SM62 and which got triggered by

Hope this helps. Let me know in case you need any further information on above solution.

Regards,

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

There are few job scheduling tools which can be used with SAP for scheduling and controling the jobs to be run .

Such tools are very useful , when there are lot of jobs with interdependencies. For example, it can be defined that , after the job in ECC has run succesfully trigger the job in APO and If the job gets failed in ECC trigger no job should run in APO.

Also it can be used to trigger alarms to respectives owners on completion of jobs .

Selection of tool needs to be carefuly evaluated based on the requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Abhijit S Nakhwa