Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Product Cost collector/Standard cost Estimate

*I would like to know, standard Cost Estimate run is necessary for every period, if product Cost Collector is used?

My requirement is, No material updation required in every period. I mean if product cost collector is used as cost object, user do not want to run the stndard cost estimate for every period.

Is it possible?*

replied

In general Standard cost estimate is required to release every period end, assuming that there will be changes in costs of cost components. Like frequent changes in material price or price changes in labor costs etc.

If there is no change in these things and we don't face regular changes in the cost of product, it is not necessary to create new estimate for every period.

There is no link between weather you are using Product cost collector or Production order or Sales order for cost object. Standard cost estimation is common for all types of scenarios.

To use same cost estimate for more than one period, just you have to change the validity period of the cost estimate in costing variant, by changing "Date control".

For this in IMG you have to go "Costing Variant: Components" in this go to "Define Date Control" (OKK6).

Here for your date control, Change "Costing Date To" by selecting

"U End of Fiscal year in which "Costing date from falls"" or

"P End of Current fiscal year" or

"Q Maximum Value"

according to your requirement.

or

You can change this values at the time of creation of cost estimate, if you activated this Manual entry check mark for this dates.

When your cost estimate is valid for whole year then no need to mark and release it for every period.

I hope U got....

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question