cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job definition and relationship between jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 jobs J1 and J2. After finishing J1, J2 should start. While defining through SM36, if we use After Job in Start Condition, first time the runs are ok, but if we wish to run it periodic, the dependency is lost. Can someone help me out??

RSPC option is not there.

thanks,

Partha Maity

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should set first job as periodic with date & time frequency.Than set 2nd job dependancy on first job.(After job tab in SM36)

Whenever 1st job will trigger 2nd should trigger automatically.I don't see any problem.

Please check start condition (date/time) of 1st job.

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

please try this:

1. make sure that your 2nd job is triggered after 1st job and let it be in released status. Then release your 1st job say for every 10 min and when u save this..it will by default be in the released status. please make sure these settings and try it. I just tried it and its working for me.

2. and also can u please let s know the reason for not having the process chain option?

3. the other option is including all the the steps from job1 and job2 in one single job

4. the other option is try using Events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the option of Job definition through SM36, it works for the first time as i have said, in periodic running dependency is lost. Tried again , same output.

Defining a single job, we have tried this option, and it is taking unusally longer time, thats why we want to have separate job,. and one single big job fails we have very little option of recovery.

RSPC option is not there in APO 3.1

By events, how this can be acheived can some one give detail workout.

Thanks in anticipation.

Partha Maity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Please check below thread also can raise query in in ABAP forum .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But this thread also didnt help either to solve the issue.

Can someone give more detailed info.

thanks,

Partha Maity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Partha,

I don't believe that SM36 supports periodic processing of jobs using job completion as a trigger for the second job. As you noticed, this works fine for the first iteration only.

Your first job can be triggered by any source (time, event, etc). You should have the last step of the first job execute a program that creates an event (your developers should be able to create a simple program that will perform this task). Then, make the second job start on the event. Both jobs should be set as periodic.

Regards,

DB49