cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Material Type FHMI to ROH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Friends

I have create one PRT material, also I create the view of Production Resources/Tools. Afterward , I use T_code 'MMAM' to change Material Type 'FHMI' to 'HALB', But system prompt 'Material is a production resource/tool; not defined by new material type.' .

Is there any IMGs I need to setting? Please Help me ,How Solve it?

Thanks a lot.

Dana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Material Type can be changed subject to following conditions

Old & new type must be assigned to same account category

OR

No open PO , Stocks ,reservation etc.

now check the material type views for both material types they should be same

or

MMZ2

I hope this will clarify your doubt.

award if useful

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,kunal

First,This material no which material type is FHMI has not any business, but if another material no which material type is ROH has had some businesses, I use T_code's 'MMAM' can convert its material type successful, so I think this point is not the settlement;

Another,if two different material type's views is different , I also can convert it successful, so I think this point is also not the settlement.

Can you have any suggestion ?

Thank you for your reply.

Best Regards

Dana

former_member190537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stocks already exist in Perticular plants. However, these

plants

have different quantity/value updating, resulting in different

account determination.

Stocks already exist at plant level.

One more: FHMI Material type is having the View- production resource/tool,

These material types material are account assigned, without account assigned you should not create PO for these materials.

And ROH is does not have -" production resource/tool," this view...

It is not possible to allow you change the materail type. Check in OMS2.

IF you realy want to change then For temparary you should select the View for ROH in OMS2 and make as it is..(this is not recommended)

Regards

Mahesh Naik

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

PRT View is only applicable to FHMI material type.

Other material does not have option to extend PRT Views.

So , if the material is created with PRT views, then you are try to change the material type to ROH...system will not allow you to do that.

at the same time, if PRT view is not extended for FHMI material type only basic ,MRP and purchase views are created, then system will allow you to change the material from FHMI to ROH.

R Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cann't convert the FHMI material type to ROH material type using MMAM.

As PRT materials have separte view Production resource view with other parameters like task list usage, Task list assignment which has been adopted in your PP process.

So system will not allow you to convert this FHMI material to ROH material.

Instead of converting set the delation flag for this FHMI material, then create separate ROH material.

rgds

Chidanand

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

system will allow to fhmi to roh just at time of conversion it will ask for val class

plz check the attributes of material type fhmi and halb in OMS2

also check the quantity and value updation for plant

plz try to give the error message no

regards

kunal

Edited by: kunal ingale on Sep 9, 2008 7:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Mahesh

I know the difference between 'FHMI' and 'ROH',but material type between 'VERP' and 'ROH' also have this difference( the ROH material type should create purchase view, but the VERP material type does not need to create purchase view ),but I can convert 'ROH' to 'VERP', how to explain this?

Thank you for your reply and hope your reply.

Best regards.

Dana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the error which you are getting like 'Material is a production resource/tool; not defined by new material type.' it seems like you have not created material type of PRT.

Create material type PRT.

Regards

Ravi shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ravi shankar

Thank you for your reply.

PRT's material type is FHMI,so I think I should not create a new material type of PRT.

My problem is that when I convert a ROH material no to HALB material no , system prompt is successful;But when I convert a FHMI material no which has created the 'Production Resources/Tools' view to HALB material no is failure, and system prompt that 'Material is a production resource/tool; not defined by new material type.'

Have you any other method to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards.

Dana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Friends

Can Anybody help me?

Please.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards.

Dana