cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Data from E-Recruitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation to move applicant data from E-Recruitment to PA before the date of Join.

If we do that and employee does not turn up on the DOJ, are we able to delete the employee and Still update the E-Recruitment with revised DOJ and start all the Hiring action Again?

What are the Risks, Issues one should anticipate?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

What tool do you use for transfering the master data? I have a similar problem, but in my case i only need migrate candidate that succeed the recruitment process. It seems to me that some of the codes are differente in HR and eRec such as qualifications's codes.

Do you guys have any suggestion?

Many thanks!

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to transfere the data of the candidate which has to be hired in PA you just create an activity of category "data transfer".

There you can trigger the standard function which brings the data from e-recruiting into T752F in hr core from where it is read into PA48.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

PS: the differences in the qualification catalogue will not matter at this state as transfering the qualifications is no part of the standard sap delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your input.

One quick question I still have is where do we define (or is it a status that the recruiter assigns?) in E-Recruitment that an internal candidate is ready to be 'transferred' to the new position (this is not a 'hire' as with an external candidate) and how is this status linked to the action (let's say 'Transfer or Org change') on HR/PA side?

Thanks,

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman, Many thanks for your past inputs regarding several questions. Wanted to get your thoughts on the following scenario:

How will ERecruiting interface information to hire an internal candidate into a new position?

For external candidates, we can do a data transfer activity which will move data into the intermediate table, T752F and once the data is in T752F, we can do a PA48. Can you do a data transfer for internal candidates also and then do a PA48, similar to hiring external candidates?

We are using HR Process and Forms, have ERecruiting 6.0 EHP4 and ECC6.0 on separate instances.

If you cannot do PA48, then, what is the advantage of doing the whole recruiting process and then doing a PA40, since no data captured in the recruiting process will transfer over into the ECC HR system of record?

Help appreciated.

Regards, Sunil

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sunil,

I can only speak for E-Recruiting up to EhP3 without Processes and Forms.

When you create a data transfer activity and transfer the data for an internal candidate the data is written into the table as well. The data is stored there with the employee id (for external candidates a free employee id as dummy key is used while for the internal candidate the real employee id is used).

When transaction PA48 is processed the system checks if the employee id exists. If the employee id used for storing the data exists in HCC PA48 does not start a new hire action but an organizational change action which is exactly what is necessary.

I hope with EhP4 this still works as expected.

Kind Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can change the DOJ using pa30 transaction. Please check the menus u will find the option for changing DOJ.

Thanks,

V.Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagaraju,

My question is if we can still edit data in E-Rec. ie, I want to change offer details and generate update offer letter etc..

Does applicant data change freeze on he/she is moved to PA?

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when processing the data transfer activity in e-recruiting the system takes information on the position, the hiring date, some personal data and the address and puts it under an employee id into table T752F of the hr core system (the employee id is the original id if it is an internal candidate, if it is an external candidate it just makes one up as table key - which has nothing to do with the number he really gets on processing hiring action). You start the hiring action from TCode PA48.

While doing that you can do everything you want with the data of the candidate in e-recruiting. It is not frezzed and changes are not synced to the hr core system. Would not make a lot of sense anyways as if you see the data above this information rarely changes only hiring date might shift and in this case the hr admin guys have to adjust this manually in PA.

Of course you can send additional / new letters from e-recruiting but few companys send contracts from e-recruiting. If they do they often integrate special external tools to get a better layout than a smartform and the other often more important topic is the missing information. You will never get the information into e-recruiting you need for some companies contracts (salary range, salary parts, non-monetary benefits, shift assignment, ...). What you can / should do is update the e-recruiting if the candidate does not show up even after signing his contract. In this case you should reject the application so reporting gets the correct hiring numbers.

If you have additional questions just post here.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

We are implementing E-rec with EHP4 on ECC as a single instance (standalone). My core HR is running on SAP 4.7. Now if we do the data transfer in E-rec how the data will be stored in T752F table to run PA48 transaction in SAP 4.7. Could you please help me to understand this bit. Is there any RFC configuration in E-rec to directly transfer the data to SAP 4.7 ?

Your help is highly appreciated on this.

Thanks for your reply.

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes the data is transfered directly via RFC. You define the E-Recruiting -> HR Core RFC connection in table T77S0 (RECFA HRRFC) in the E-Recruiting customizing under technical settings.

Kind Regards

Roman