cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Work Transfer Banch-Login Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I installed Data Work Transfer Banch. but i couldn't login getting message'Connection to SBO Common Failed'.lease help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muna,

Along with the steps my fellow posters suggested, I'd suggest to double check all information associated with the SQL server.

"Connection to SBO Common Failed" is a general error to mean that the Add-On can not connect to the SBO-COMMON database on the specified database server. This can be for several reasons:

- Incorrect database password

- Database engine not running

- SBO-COMMON doesn't exist

- Incorrect Database server version entered

- Incorrect Server address entered

If all this information is definitely correct, I would suggest attempting the following to ensure there are no issues with the SBO-COMMON or a DI API mismatch:

1. Locate the Temp folder by going to Start -> Run and type %temp%.

2. Locate the SM_OBS_DLL folder here and delete it.

3. Uninstall the DI API from Add/Remove Programs.

4. Reboot your PC

5. Install the DI API from your current patch. (Download patch, extract it and then browse to Packages\DI API and run setup.exe)

6. Run the Upgrader Common again (From the same patch as above - very important!). Browse to Packages\Upgrader Common and run setup.exe. This will update the SBO-COMMON to this patch level again. You will not lose any data.

7. ensure you are using the DTW provided with this patch.

I hope this is useful to you,

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One Forums Team.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191896
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muna,

To get past the login problem, please make sure you provide the following details under Options>>

License Server (<hostname>:30000)

Login to DB:

-

Choose Database (checked)

DB Type (e.g. SQL Server 2005)

DB User (sa) and Password

Also, make sure the "SAP AddOns" license is assigned to the Business One User Name and Password you provide during login.

Hope that helps

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muna,

Plz search for DTW and use DTW to transfer the data. Please search in the SAP Business One Foroums instead of SDK, u'll get many samples and useful links there..

Check this link

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/%7Esapidb/011000358700000050892007E/

Click on the following link in the page

ADD-ONs - for DTW, XL Reporter, all SAP Add-Ons

You have Webex recorded Presentaions and PDFs

Check this link which would be of great help for beginers to work with DTW:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36438280

regards

Mohana

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muna,

Here are a few things to try:

1) The license server field should include the IP port number. By default this will be port 30000 (ie XXXXXX:30000 where XXXXXX is the name or IP address of the server where the license service is running).

2) Make sure you have installed the DTW from the same patch as your SBO system. DTW is rereleased with each patch.

3) If you are using SQL 2005, make sure that the SQL Native Client software is installed on the workstation (if you can already connect via the SBO client on this workstation then the SQL Native Client is already installed).

Kind Regards,

Owen