cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone, Is there anyone can explain how release code link to User ID? release code e.g. EX, can be assigned to different User ID? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

this is been done using workflow

check following Steps involved :

1) SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Release Procedure for Purchase Orders > Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders > Release Codes > here assign Workflow indicator as "1" against each Release Code

2) SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Release Procedure for Purchase Orders > Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders > Workflow > Here against each release code assign OT as US and respective User ID's for Release Codes.

3) Go to OOCU > here under MM, go to MM-PUR,

4) Click on "activate event linking"

5) Go for "WS 20000075" and for BUS2012 RELEASESTEPCREATED, click on Detailed view button. Activate "Event linkage activated" and also activate "Enable usage of event queue"

and Save.

6) Click on "Assign agents" and proceed all above steps.

BUS2012 is the relevant business object and Releasestep created is the event for the same.

7) Check SWETYPV transaction for the WF you have activated for BUS2012 and confirm.

Test the same by creating a PO and check the SBWP for SAP Mail of respective Users

regards

kunal

award if helpful

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, RAMESH ARORA & KIRAN.V

Sorry about my question is not clear. let me clarify again.

there 1 manager and 2 vice managers in a department, usually PR need the manager to approve, but sometime the manager is not in the office, so PR need one of other 2 vice managers to approve. at this point of release, the approver---release code(EX) could set for 3 User ID, I need solution for this? Thank you.

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you have to give authorisations to all the 3 persons in case if one person is absent then the other one can release it.

If you have HR module it is lot more better with workflow settings to get this requirement.

In the HR ORG structure we make use of infotype for release stratergy and this release goes according to the org hierarchy in postions of people.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign the release code(activity type/activity object) to the only person in his authorisations.

if other persons try to release without having the authorisations then the system will give an error or the system will display a message saying no suitable purchasing documents for release.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

release strategy IS CREATED BY customisation.after that you assign a role to user id by authorization i.e pfcg.

in pfcg u assign transaction me29n or me28 where it ask for release code. thais controlling point for each user. assign that role to user.

regards

points if solved/helpful

Edited by: RAMESH ARORA on Sep 6, 2008 12:30 PM