cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting two preferred inspection type in MM02 (Ispection Setup)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got one probelm in MM02. In MM02 -> Quality Management -> Inspection setup we need to select two inspection type as preferred inspection type. But when we select both Z502 and Z504 inspection types it throw one error "Set 'Preferred inspection type' indicator for either insp. type Z504 or Z502". So we catn select.

Plese guide me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Mahi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can only slect one inspection type as Preferred set the indicator for one inspection type of each inspection lot origin.

for the Same goods recipts you cannot use two preferred inspection types

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for reply.

But i can choose two preferred inspection type for same Material the inspection types are;

01 - Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order

16 - Inspection for Storage Condition (Stabi)

But i cant choose these two Inspection types

Z502 - Goods Return Inspection

Z504 - Customer Return with Stockposting

it shows the error

"Set 'Preferred inspection type' indicator for either insp. type Z504 or Z502"

I know both are Goods return inspection thats y it says this. But i want to know is it possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When the system creates an inspection lot automatically, it must determine which inspection type to use.

Depending on various system and Customizing settings, the system normally selects one of the following inspection types:

Default inspection type or

Preferred inspection type

For inspection lot origins 01, 03, 10, 11, 12, 14, the system may select an inspection type other than one of the above. Special rules apply for these inspection lot origins.

To ensure that the system can select a default inspection type or preferred inspection type, make sure the following conditions have been met:

You define the default inspection type in Customizing for Inspection Lot Origin by assigning an inspection type to variant 01 for the corresponding inspection lot origin. The system uses the default inspection type if this inspection type is active in the inspection settings of the material master.

Click on Inspection setup and make sure check box Preferred type selected for one of your inspection type.

In the Inspection settings of the material master, you can specify a preferred inspection type for each inspection lot origin. If you set the indicator Preferred inspection type for an inspection type, the system uses this inspection type to automatically create an inspection lot. This inspection type has priority over the default inspection type.

If you do not set the indicator for the preferred inspection type and several inspection types are active in the material master, the system uses the default inspection type.

If you set the indicator for the preferred inspection type, but the corresponding indicator for activating the inspection type is not set, the system uses the default inspection type.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi syed,

Ya your answer is good but it didnt solve my probelm. I want to activate two Inspection type for a material in MM02.

Regards,

Mahi