cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number range creation for new service order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how can we create service order number range if we have done a new service order type creation, and what should we do: should we create the number range in development and then transport it to the production or we should directly create it in production.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vash,

No ranges created using the t code vn01 are not specifically for std order, cash sales and rush order, it for service order too.

regards

swamy Hp

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend !!!!!!

yes u have to create u r required no range directly on production server by t code VN01

and for seq no u r create it on DEV and assign to u r document type (VOV8) that request u have to pull to production

HOPE IT WILL HELP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You just define number range in tcode VN01, but remember that number ranges are not transportable.

Once you define number ranges in development, do the same in quality & production client.

Then attach number ranges in document type & transport this config to quality & production

Please see that before transportating, the number ranges must have been created in quality & production thru VN01.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please tell me for a new service order type:: should we directly create number range in production?

Your inputs are very nice please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Sep 6, 2008 7:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you have to create directly in production.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sir, actually when i tried vn01, i found that it is for sales order number range.

Please guide how can we do it for service orders.

Thanks and Regards