SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service order number range creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how can we create service order number range if we have done a new service order type creation, and what should we do: should we create the number range in development and then transport it to the production or we should directly create it in production.

Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First transport ur Order type this is mandatory. Transport this order type and then maintin number ranges in the production...

I hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Naren

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the t.code to maintain number ranges OION for the order type

You need to manually create the number ranges in QAS and also in PRD.

You can only transport the number ranges at the time of initial configuratin and there is no transaction data in Production. Subsequently, you need to maintain them manually in each of the system.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please guide me how can we transport service order type to the prd.

Is there any specific procedure to be followed?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me what should we first do to transport the service order type transport request to prd.

1.Should we first transport the request for other components of the service order type?

2.Then should we transport the request for number range or we directly create it in production server?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Sep 8, 2008 7:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Transport the number range object (that u have created on ur own) initially of ur service order type.

And then go to the production client and maintain the number range.

Dont try to transport the numbers.if u transport the numbers , there is a possibility that they will overwirte the existant number range..

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me should i transport first the request for other object like credit limit check........., partner determination procedure.........,configure order type..... etc and then should we directly assign number range in the prd?

Please guide...

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First transport ur Order type this is mandatory. Transport this order type and then maintin number ranges in the production...

I hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Naren

0 Kudos

Thank you sir for all your replies.

I have one more query : When i do technical completion of any service order it asks for a reference date and time and one more check field for notification completion.

Please tell me if i have not configured any service notification for a service order type then should this check field for notification completion be marked or it should be unchecked?

Thanks for all your replies ones again.

Thanks and Regards