Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

Heres my scenario,

I have a BOM with components A,B,C and C is a subassemly which has a component D,

and C is purchased from a vendor X and D is Purchased from a vendor Y.

So when I create a Purchase order for D to the vendor Y,the vendor Y should send the material to the vendor X and this vendor X will now make the subassembly C using the material D.and send it to my plant.

Also vendor Y should bill me for the material and not the vendor X,

Also the goods reciept for the material D should be done at me and not at the Vendor X,

The Physical inventory for D should be maintained at the vendor X and the GR posting should be done by me

Please suggest how do i do the Third party order in this scenario.

Regs

Dardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Here u r Purchasing material D from vendor Y means u need to create a PO aganist this vendor and u need to do GR to ur unristricted stock.

Then create a PO for subcontracting to vendor X for material C. Issue material D to this Subcontracting PO with Mvt Type 541.

For Billing also there is no problem u can settle the bill to Y for his supplies and U can settle Bill for X for his Subcontracting charges.

Ok any quries come back.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes i am Purchasing the material D from vendor Y , but it has to be a Third party purchase order becasue the delivery will be at Vendor X's place and the GR will be at My place also The subcontracting PO for C is also OK.

But i want to know what are the settings for the third party Purchase order and also for the subcontracting PO.

Regs

Dardo