cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Cycle Counting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have IS Retail system and we want to implement Dynamic Cycle Counting. We already have Cycle Counting for Physical Inventory but due to its limitation for creating no PI docs when there is an open TO we want to go on to DCC.

Can anyone throw some light on how to do it.

Thanks

Manav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already read sap help. It gives you only what DCC does but I need brief steps of configuration.

Thanks

Manav

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is only one customzing step for dynamic cycle counting, all other customizng is standard cycle count customizing.

IMG > LE > WM > Activities > Physical Inventory > Dynamic Cycle counting

Define Storage Type Settings

In this IMG activity, you define, for different storage types, settings for dynamic cycle counting.

If you want to work with dynamic cycle counting (i.e counting against inactive inventory documents) in a specific storage type, you must create at least one record in this activity.

For each storage type for which you want to implement dynamic cycle counting, do the following:

1. In the Warehouse field, enter the warehouse number.

2. In the Storage Type field, enter the storage type identifier.

3. If you want the system to block the creation of further transfer orders for a bin after it has found differences during a dynamic cycle count, select BlockTO.

4. If you want the system to activate inventory documents immediately at confirmation of the last transfer order of a bin (i.e when there are no more open TOs for the bin), after it has found differences during a dynamic cycle count, select Immed.

5. From the AutoCl drop-down list, choose an option for automatic clearing of inventory documents in WM.

6. If you want to cause inventory documents created for counting by material to be inactive, select ByQuant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the steps, I knew these steps but still I have one problem. We are working in Retail scenario where TO's will always be open for a bin and we dont want bin to be blocked when we have active inventory document. As STO's are always live in some way so we cannot afford blocking of creation of Auto TO.

So if you can then please throw some light on how we can keep TO creation and Bin open when Inventory document is active.

Thanks

Manav