cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits Dependent Coverage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have done the configuration of all Benefits Plans. Health, Insurance, FSAs and Savings plans. I have configured dependent coverage options at plan level of each plan.

But I have not configured anything in "Dependents/ Beneficiary Eligibility" under flexible administration node.

I am able to enroll employee into Benefits Plans. But am not able to enroll dependents/ beneficiaries.

Can some one tell me where am I stuck?

Appreciate timely help.

Namrata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Health Plan, it is Dependent and for Insurance & saving plan, one should configure beneficiary..

From seeing you question and dependent coverage , i guess you are talking about the Health Plan ( EE, EE1, EEFamily )...

For health plan, one should configure...

a) benefits>Plans> Health Plans---> Define Dependent Coverage Options

where you specify EE, EE1, EEFamily... etc..

b) benefits>Plans> Health Plans---> Define Minimum and Maximum number of Dependents...

where you tie min and max number of dependents and link to subtype in infotype 21

c) Benefit->Flexible Administration->Dependent/Beneficiary Eligibilty--->Define Dependent Eligibility Rules

where you define the Age range and restriction for student and disabled... ( typically dependent child is eligible upto age 21.. For student they allow upto 25... and there is no restriction for disabled child and it also varies state to state ... you can obtain this info from your business super user )

Thanks

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the requirements for dependent enrollment? Check with the client.

What error do you get when you try to enroll the dependents? Make sure you have configured the dependent eligibility in SPRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have configured dependent coverage (EE1, EEFAM, EE+DP) under each plan. But I have not done any thing in Flexible Ben Administration.

In Enrolment, I see only EE only coverage. Could not see EE+1 etc.

Please help.

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you haven't done the Dependent Eligibility rules. You have to do this which determines which type of family member are eligible as dependents.

I hope you have already maintained IT0021 with appropriate sub-types.