Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete button on Maintain Address service

BrendaW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We're on ECC 6.0 and EP 7.0, testing our initial Webdynpro implementation. I am very surprised that when maintaining any address records in personal information, the Delete button actually deletes the entire record from SAP, rather than delimiting it to a particular date. Even if I edit an existing record, it uses the new begin date and information, but all traces of the old information are gone. Seems like very dangerous functionality. Is there a way to configure it to delimit the infotype instead?

Thanks for any help.

Brenda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the time constraint and also the usecase you have maintained in Self Services ..change own data...!

Regards

Vijay

BrendaW
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using for emergency address only right now, subtype 4. So the time constraint is 3, because we allow multiple contacts to be stored at the same time. The use case is A6.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same thing happens in PA30, right? It is expected for a Time Constraint 3.. Pl take a look at the Documentation of trh report RPUAUD00, to log Infotype changes..

~Suresh

BrendaW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh, thanks for your response. The difference in PA30 is that there is a Delimit button along with the Delete. Our users doing data entry in ECC know to only use Delete on rare occasions.

However there is no delimit button on the ESS Webdynpro screen, only the delete. In the ITS service we use today, it allows for entry of a date and says "Delete as of...", but I don't see any such option in Webdynpro.

Vijay, I tried changing the use case to the only other value SAP would allow me to use, B3. But unfortunately I get the same behavior when I use the Delete button. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

BrendaW
Explorer
0 Kudos

FYI, we applied support Basis support packs through 16 and HR through 29 to our Dev system this past weekend, and it has fixed the problem.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Time Constraint for Infotype 0006?

~Suresh