cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Export Option in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was needing to find out how to get the CSV option when exporting in Infoview. It is not an option in the drop down list.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the information provided by you.

I tested the issue on CR XIR2 SP2 and BOXIR2 SP2 (Enterprise).

- Create a sample report in CR Designer > then save the report in Enterprise.

- Open CR report in Infoview > Click on Export this report.

- WE get following export File format types:

u2022 Crystal Reports (RPT)

u2022 Microsoft Excel

u2022 Microsoft Excel (Data only)

u2022 Microsoft Word(RTF)

u2022 Microsoft Word-Editable(RTF)

u2022 Adobe Acrobat(PDF)

Unfortunately there is no such option to export a CR report from Infoview to CSV.

Please revert in case of any further queries.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this option is not available I guess this is by design. It is not in the list of the several export types with BusinessObjects Enterprise.

The list includes the following but not the CSV format.

u2022 Crystal Reports

u2022 Microsoft Excel

u2022 Microsoft Word

u2022 Rich Text Format

u2022 Adobe Acrobat

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I can see what options are available unfortunately not the one I need. It is very odd that it would be an option in Crystal Reports but not available in InfoView, If anyone happens to run across a patch or any information regarding this it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although you can't export to CSV for CR reports run "on-demand" in InfoView, you can export to CSV if you schedule the job to run. As a work-around, maybe you can have users schedule a job to run now and export the results. That's the solution we've had to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deborah that would probably work except there are parameters in the report that need to be entered every time it's exported. Not sure if that would work with running it on a schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you schedule reports, you can set the parameters the same as when you run the report on-demand. They are in the "Parameters" section at the bottom of the screen, if you open it, you should see a list of the params in the report, complete with the same LOV's, etc. that you get on demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deborah,

I've been trying to get the on demand option work.....I set it up to save the file in a specific location in the CSV format. When I go to infoview and run the report it comes up on the screen but never saves it in the place where I specified. I can go to the Send option and send it to a file and it saves it but only in Crystal Report format not in the CSV format that's set up. I'm guessing there is something i'm missing in the setup of an on demand report. Can you advise???

Thanks

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've confused me a bit. You can't run the report on demand and save to CVS, you have to schedule the instance to run, though you can select run "now" to execute immediately. Here's how I do it.

In InfoView:

1) Find your report

2) Click the Schedule link for that report (if you don't have that option, you'll need to ask your admin for rights to schedule reports)

3) The Schedule report screen will appear

4) Under "When", if you want it to run immediately, select "Now". Otherwise, choose whatever time period is appropriate for your need, ie if this is something you want to run daily, select that option.

5) "Database Logon" - enter your logon info, if needed.

6) "Filters" - you can add for this specific scheduled instance, if needed (you probably don't need this)

7) "Destination" - select "File location", to specify a path, deselect "Use the Job Server's defaults". For "Directory" enter the UNC path where you want to save, ie //MyServer/SharedFolder$ For "File name" you can specify a name or autogenerate one.

😎 "Format" select "Character-separated Values". If you have defined your export options in the report, select that box, otherwise, specify the options

9) Under "Prompts" select the appropriate responses to each prompt in the report.

10) "Instance Title" you can leave as is or customize.

11) Double check all your settings then click the "Schedule" button at the bottom

12) You'll be returned to the History page and see your newly scheduled instance. While running, the Status will say "Running", when it's finished it will say "Success" and the report should be in the location you specified. You can click the Instance Time to view a copy of what was sent to the location specified. If you see "Failed" something went wrong, click the link to see the error msg to help troubleshoot.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need additional info.

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deb I was trying to do this through the Admin Consol not directly on the report. However Im running into one problem. When I try to put in the parameters and click okay it is doing nothing and Im getting an error on the page loading. Did you run into this problem. When I look at the message it says Error Object Expected I thought it was Firefox so I switch in IE but still have the same message and I switched from Advanced to the Java vew but that didn't fix it either...any thoughts on that.

Thanks

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run into problems with parameters in the past, but not that error. Applying SP's and FP's fixed most of our issues - I'm currently running XI R2 SP4 on prod and XI R2 SP4 FP 4.3 on our dev box.

How are your parameters built? Are they a universe filter, from a business view or just created from a field in the report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah were running on the same versions as you, the parameters are built from fields in the report. I pulled the Firefox error report on the page when you click on the ok button that isnt doing anything the report says

Error: promptengine_resetValueField is not defined

Source File: http://carbon/businessobjects/Enterprise115/InfoView/Report/report_scheduleBody_param.aspx?iscomp=Fa...

Line: 128

I was thinking updates to but not sure what else to update? Are updates for Infoview separate from Crystal Reports, when I click on check for updates from the Admin Consol in Infoview it just takes me to the support page for BO and not to a download page or anything.

Thanks

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, BOE updates are different from CR updates. You have to download through the downloads section of the new SAP site. Since they will impact your entire enterprise install, you'll want to install in your dev environment (if you have one) and make sure everything works for you. I suggest only installing FP's if you have specific issues address by that FP. SP's are generally safer (less buggy - HAHAHA).

Have you tried scheduling one of the sample CR reports to see if the prompts work for a sample? If it works, it would point to something within your report and would give you a place to start troubleshooting.

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wanted to check back and see if anyone had any ideas. Didn't know if there is an update that I need to download for InfoView in order to get this in the export drop down list.

Thanks

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly what version of Business Objects Enterprise are you using?

BusinessObjects Enterprise provides you with several export format types. They include:

u2022 Crystal Reports

u2022 Microsoft Excel

u2022 Microsoft Word

u2022 Rich Text Format

u2022 Adobe Acrobat

I hope this option (CSV format) is not available. You can refer the User guide for Infoview from the following link. This is mentioned on page 16.

http://support.businessobjects.com/documentation/product_guides/boexi/en/boeXI_UserGde_en.pdf

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using version 11.5.3.438. I hope it is not available to, I don't understand why it would be an option in a Crystal Report but not in the InfoView, that doesn't make sense. I have done some searches on it and it's suppose to be in the drop down list. I wasn't able to use the link to get to the file, since it jumps me directly to the front page for the support automatically. I did search for the InfoView user's guide and looked through it but it didn't talk about the CSV option. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wanted to check back and see if anyone has any thoughts on how to get the CSV export option in InfoView.

Thanks

Jennifer

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

And what document type?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a Crystal Report that's been published. I have users that are running it from InfoView but the option to export it to CSV is not in the drop down box. From everything I find it should be an option but can't find anywhere in the setup to give them that option.

Thanks

Jennifer