cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deleting users from the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

We have set-up groups in the portal and assigned users to their corresponding groups. Currently we have just been deleting users from groups manually, one-by-one. However, it has recently come up that we need to mass delete some users from our portal and we were wondering if this is possible? In research, I've found that mass uploading of users and their corresponding information is possible. Is the mass deletion of users and their information possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carrie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rob_holtham

I know this is a very old post but just in case someone else happens to stumble on the thread wanting to mass delete. Steps to achieve are as follows;

1. Create a list of users you want to delete (maybe export members of a group etc)

2. Create an import script to modify a searchable attribute of the user - in this case I added 'department=DeleteMe'

[User]
uid=user1@gmail.com
department=DeleteMe
group=SelfRegistrationInitial;
[User]
uid=user2@gmail.com
department=DeleteMe
group=SelfRegistrationInitial;

3. Mass update all the target users with the attribute using the import function

4. Using Advanced Search find all users with the value DeleteMe for Department

5. Select All the users

6. Delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

We went a different direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is good practice to post solution before closinf thread.

Can you please plst your different approach.

Thanks

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now we are continuing to delete the users manually until we come up with a long-term solution on storing user information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u go thru this sdn document?... Programmatical Approach to User Management in Enterprise Portal

I think using pragram you can do this in portal.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40d562b7-1405-2a10-dfa3-b03148a9...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII

As u told that u want to delete user from portal permanetly . If your UME is configured to LDAP it will not be possible . You will have to delete user from LDAP .

Thanks

Give rewards if usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Padmanaban for your reply. I did read that document it helped somewhat. But, I guess I was wondering if there is any way we can mass delete portal users without having to do customization (custom code, etc)?