cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the name of a screen-field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I need to know if there is a possibility to change the name that appears in the infotype of any screen-field standard?

If so, please, let me know

Answer will be rewarder!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible

Goto the standard selection screen and for the field whose label you want to change the text of get the data element through F1 help.

Goto transaction CMOD.

On SAP menu

Goto->Text Enhancements->Enter the data element

Now you can change the label.

Note: once this is changed then where ever the data element i used the new text will appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

I cannot find the path that you gave me. Do you have the t-code or the view neccesary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Naveen is trying to say is: Goto the infotype in concern and then copy the data element name of the specific field by hitting F1 on the field name.

Then goto t-code CMOD. Click on Goto - Text Enhancements - Data Elements - New DE cust docu. In here you enter your data element name and then change it to your desired name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did what both of you told me, but I get the following error:

Enhancement name "name" violates the namespace convention (Note 989653).

I remeber some thime bofre, I saw other different way to do it. And, if this is the way, please, tell me what I did wrong.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction --- CMOD --- Goto -- Text Enhancement -- Keyword ---Change -- Enter the data element and change the field name.

Hope it will help..

Regards,

Vikash

Answers (0)