cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver FTP Adapter - Directory create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the XI FTP Receiver Adapter by default creates the target directory on the FTP Server if it does not exist. The J2SE Engine had an option if you want to create the directory or not.

Is that available in the XI 3.0 J2EE FTP Adapter? I could not find it. Further if that can be set, would the adatper throw an error?

Thanks

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Stefan,

I guess there is no such option in XI 3.0 J2EE . Adapter throws an error if target directory doesnot exist.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

well the adapter does not throw an exception as the user id has the right to create directories on the FTP Server. So my only option is now to see what happens, when we take away the right to create directories.

Poor SAP Design to forget the feature they had and still have with the J2SE Adapter.

Thanks anyway

Stefan

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'm facing the same issue, while trying to create a dynamic folder in the FTP server.

The FTP adapter failed with the error 'An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'ftpserverip:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 /root/dynamic/: The system cannot find the path specified. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Were you able to resolve this issue using any SAP notes?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothviel,

my problem was that this option was not available in XI 3.0 at that time. Now in 7.0 and 7.1 it is.

Therefore I can enable it if my user id of the adapter has the rights on the FTP server to create the target directory. If not they have to create it on the FTP server and the flag needs to be un-set.

If the adapter is failing to create it in your case it is an issue of your user id on the FTP server. Please ask them so see if you are allowed to create directories.

Thanks

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the option Create Target Directory is not there where i can see the same in PI7.0

May be you need some patch /sps for this in XI3.0

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do have the Create Target Directory for a File Adapter type FTP in Xi 3.0 SP 15.

The option box is located in the File Access Parameters just under the Target Directory.

++

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Could you able to solve the issue?

iam facing the same error as yours.

let me know how to solve it?

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Could you able to solve the issue?

iam facing the same error as yours.

let me know how to solve it?

Thnx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Or you need to upgrade to a higher patch level, else i would suggest you create a seperate interface which generates a kind of FTP script.

Within this script you can create the directoryStructure before actually posting the file there.

Greets