cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice due date not updating when payment terms changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Any ideas on why the due date on the invoice is not updated correctly when the payment terms and base line date fields are changed?

I have several examples of this happening in a production environment. The only thing in common is the payment terms is being changed to T000 which essentially means pay now. But if you look in the additional data tab the "planning date" which I take to be the "due date" is not equal to the baseline date it is equal to the original planning date.

When I look at the change history of the invoice the ones that worked correctly have the planning date listed as being changed and on those that did not work correctly the planning date is not listed as being changed. From what I can tell this field is calculated and not something a user can change manually.

We are on 6.0

Any ideas?

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my testing, I have found that during the entry of an FI invoice transaction F-43 - I can enter the planning date. From the line 1 screen click on more data and the planning date is there to be filled.

If I manually fill that field, regardless of what I do after, that date will not change. It ignores the #of days calculated by the payment terms. I have looked at BSEG and I cannot see how the system would distinguish if the planning date was entered manually or calculated so I don't understand how it knows to keep that field constant even when the payment terms is changed on a later date.

Any ideas on how the SAP system would know that the planning date on the invoice was manually entered and therefore not changeable?

Sandra