cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Crystal handling GUIDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an ADO.Net (XML) connection to an XML file that was generated by VB.Net dataset (including Schema)

Using this technique:

dsReportData.WriteXml("C:\Test\Project.xml", XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

In Crystal, when I open this XML file as and ADO.Net (XML) connection and I connect

to several tables - each table uses a GUID as an ID field and the tables link to each

other via different GUIDs. The links are not working against input parameters correctly.

I can send someone the XML file and the RPT file for them to test. This test report has

a very simple relationship that does not work because it is linked on GUIDs. How do

I send this to Crystal Tech Support to investigate this problem?

In the designer if I manually paste a valid GUID as the ID parameter, it does not bring

anything back. ... I manually opened the XML file and verified the data is there. I know

the data location is set and validated... but no data comes back.

I suspect that because GUID's are treated as strings in the designer, the linker is not liking the GUID / String relationship when it actually evaluates the schema.

This same thing happens when I call the report from .Net

I am using Crystal 2008 with FixPack1 installed Version 12.0.0.840 Running on Vista Business with SP1, Visual Studio 2008 / .Net 3.5 framework installed.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working in the designer... just won't work in .Net code

I figured out the problem. When I migrated from Crystal XI to Crystal 2008, it did not upgrade my CrystalViewer. So it left the older viewer in my application. As long as I used that viewer, it would have this problem. Solution was to remove that viewer and use the 12.0 viewer. It worked fine then.

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by: Jeff Dressing on Sep 12, 2008 8:32 AM