cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Crystal Report Help- collapsing groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal for the first time as part of my company's trial period of the software.

I created a very basic report, but am having difficulty figuring out to collapse my groups. I have a group with 3 major categories. I want the first report view to show only the three categories, but then give the user the ability to drill down to the detail for a particular category.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, any help docuementation would be great : )

Thanks!

Kathryn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the left margin, right click on the section called "Details", and click on Hide in the pop up.

Do the same for Group Footer #1.

The sections should now have diagonal lines through them indicating that they are hidden or suppressed.

When you run the report, you should only see Group Header#1 diplaying with data, but if you double click on the Group Name field, it should drill into the section, create another tab, and expose the underlying details.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Brian for your quick response!

How do I make the Key Figures appear at the summary level?

Edited by: Kathryn Valentino on Sep 5, 2008 2:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are talking about summaries.

From the Insert menu, choose Summary.

Pick the field you want to summarize, the type of summary, and then the location of the summary.

Pick Grand total, and then drag the summary up and drop it in to the Group Header. These type of summaries are based off of the section it is in, so don't worry that it was originally created in the report footer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I didn't see an option for adding the values in the group. Is there another way to acomplish that?

I know these questions are very basic....I really appreciate your help. Do you know of any good help documentation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option should be in the Insert Summary dialog.

As far as good documentation, you can check out the help file that comes with Crystal. There a few good books out there, one being Crystal Reprts, The Complete Reference by George Peck. You might also consider taking a class. Forums like this one are a good resource as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian for all of your help!

Kathryn