Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Bug in Crystal handling GUIDs

I have an ADO.Net (XML) connection to an XML file that was generated by VB.Net dataset (including Schema)

Using this technique: dsReportData.WriteXml("C:\Test\Project.xml", XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

In Crystal, when I open this XML file as and ADO.Net (XML) connection and I connect

to several tables - each table uses a GUID as an ID field and the tables link to each

other via different GUIDs. The links are not working against input parameters correctly.

I can send someone the XML file and the RPT file for them to test. This test report has

a very simple relationship that does not work because it is linked on GUIDs. How do

I send this to Crystal Tech Support to investigate this problem?

In the designer if I manually paste a valid GUID as the ID parameter, it does not bring

anything back. ... I manually opened the XML file and verified the data is there. I know

the data location is set and validated... but no data comes back.

I suspect that because GUID's are treated as strings in the designer, the linker is not liking the GUID / String relationship when it actually evaluates the schema.

Temporarily, I guess I could not include the schema and make it think everything is strings... but then date formatting won't work correct and may cause other problems in calculations.

This same thing happens when I call the report from .Net

Jeff

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question