cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is a condition type ignored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what causes a condition type to be ignored.

When i look in the pricing analysis of an item in the sales order, I see that a particular Z condition type is ignored.

The text below says

"The requirement xxx is assigned to this condition in the pricing procedure. This requirement was not met and so the condition was excluded from further processing."

Can somebody shed some light on this.

Also how is the condition type applied.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There arer several ways in which a condition will be tiggered. Its based on a logical condition whether it is true or false for that condition.

Take the simple case of output types. Lets say you have several forms which need to be printed for different countries for export.

One of the ways to trigger it is based on the country. So the system will search through the condition records maintianed to see if the customer country meets the criteria set. If it sees a certain condition then it will pick up say outpur type for export invoice for USA. If its japan then it will trigger another.

Simularly you can build several requirements to trigger your logic. Alt calc base, Formulae and requirements all belog to the same pool which I am sure you are a better judge.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

very true.

I now realize that that was a stupid question. sorry about that.

can you please point me in the direction of finding the conditon records, access sequence of a condition type.

Thanks again for knocking some sense into me

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Access sequence in mentioned in the condition type. T codes are:

1) Condition type:V/06

2) Access Sequence: V/07

3) Condition records: VK11/12/13

Tcode for viewing all pricing related configurations and masters is VOK0.

Regards,

GSL.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As such the condition type is never ignored if you have set it in the V/08 pricing table.

Regarding the text which you have displayed it is clearing telling you that depending upon the criteria which you have set for the particular condition type the search was but no proper condition could be found to display in the pricing tab of sales order.

I hope this solves your query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirements are Routines coded such that it may be called or excluded based on certain logic. Hence, It is possible that certain condition type of Z may have been coded such that it is to be ignored in given situation, due to which it is ignored.

If you try to analyse the particular Requirement with an Abaper, it will further clearify the logic behind it.

regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thnaks for the reply.

I know a little bit of ABAP and was looking at the requirement associated with the condition type.

maybe I should debug and see what it does.

Do you have any idea when a condition type is invoked/called/accessed.

It would make my work a little easier if i knew that.

Thanks,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose, if you check the Pricing Procedure (V/08), it might give some clue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka