cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date ranges in sub reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal XI report pulling physician information by type of case (MS-DRG) for 6 months of discharges. The report looks at cases and average length of stay for each physicians top 5 MS-DRGs. I built a sub report to pull cases and average length of stay for ALL OTHER physicians for the same 5 MS-DRGs. The goal is for each physician to be able to benchmark their average length of stay with other physicians in the same hospital. This report will be accessed at the hospitals through Crystal Enterprise InfoView. In InfoView, I can only see one set of filters instead of one for the main report and one for the sub report, so the end-users can't change the sub report select criteria. Therefore, I need the parameters passed from the main report. I can get everything to work except the discharge date range since the link creates and equal link. We store our dates in number fields in the format YYYYMMDD.

How can I get the sub report to run for the same date range as the main report?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you join the subreport by the parameter to the field in the sub report?

do you want the sub to pull the records within the same date range?

did you create parameters in the sub and the main?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I linked on the hospital ID field, but no date field because I don't want an equal join, I want a range of dates.

2. Yes, I want the main report and the sub report to use the same range of dates.

3. I didn't create additional parameters in the sub report or main report. The only parameters being used are those created from the linking of the hospital ID.

Thanks.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kim,

If you have a date range parameter for the main report you can use this as the linked field to the subreport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked for running the report through Crystal XI. The problem now is that I can't get parameters to work in Crystal Enterprise InfoView. I think that must be a software bug.

Thanks Graham.

Answers (0)