cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I 'select all' of my selection variable search results?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the search function in my query selection variable on the web. The results returned the desired 200 materials. I do not see a select all function to move them from Search to Selection. If I right click and select 'select all' the entire window is highlighted. Selecting the first and last value plus 'shift' does not highlight the entire row like it does in BEX. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julie.

By default, it's "Single Values" but you should be able to change it to "Value Ranges" using the dropdown tool on top and then enter a range like "A" to "Z999999999" or 0 to 9999999999 depending on your material #.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our required values do not fall within a specific range.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see another way out.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a couple of options:

1) If material description is available as an attribute, create a query on material with a variable input for description and then create a replacement path variable for material. Of course you can add it as an attribute if it doesn't exist.

2) You can use a user exit based variable which can be populated with all the material values. It can be based on user input of another text variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is why probably we have variants where u need to do it once and save so u dont have to do it over and over again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not want to create a variant because the selected values may change. We do a search on all materials with kal in the description. This can change as soon as we create a new material that fits that criteria. That means someone has to update the variant. The search works fine, it's just that we have to select each on the list one by one and click 'add' to move them to the input.

Thank you, Julie