cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you transport a Infoset / Ad Hoc Query to diff. clients?

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I created an infoset in development using sq02, now I want to transport it to Quality. But when I save the inofset, it does not create a transport request, but it just saves. I also see an option of transport in t-code sq 02 (SAP Query: Transport tool), is that the way, if yes, what are the step , if not then what is the correct way?

Thanks

SKR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvan,

On SQ02 you have option to transport infosets using the truck sign. Use it and take the help of your Basis.

Good Luck.

Arti

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthi,

I did click on the transport button (truck), but it takes me to a diff. screen with too many options like copy standard/global area, transport user group, Infoset, Infoset & queries, Quires. Which one do I choose & what should be the Import option, by default its REPLACE.

Pls. let me know the step by step process.

Thanks

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the one you need... If you have only an infoset, click Transport infoset. If you have done also queries, use Transport infoset and queries etc....

Import option: keep replace (it means if you had already sent the infoset, you overwrite with this new one)

You should check the blue button info, it provide valuable help on how to use it

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Valarie...

I did transport the infoset, but it gave a log which says...

W unable to assign infoset XXXXXXX. User group YYYYYY missing.

W Infoset XXXXXXXX not assigned to a user group.

The infoset XXXXXXXX is assigned to YYYYYY user group in development. I dont know how to set the target client here i.e quality, etc. & which user group assignment is this warning refering to.

Can you pls. clarify?

Thanks

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

infoset is linked to a user group... Check in your dev which one is linked and transport it too....

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again....I did transport the User group, & then transported the infoset with the option 'Copy Global area -> Standard Area.

Also got the below log:

Infoset XXXXXX Imported

Assignment of Infoset XXXXXX to user group YYYYYY accepted.

Is the copy option from global to std correct?

Also, now I did check in quality for the infoset, but i am unable to see it.

How do i know that the target client is the quality system. do i need to do some other setting as well w.r.t the other client?

Thanks

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check with your basis team whether they moved your transport into the Quality system.

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to transport this Infoset, so how will the Basis guys know...?

Is it that once I do this process, i will have to ask the basis guys to transport it?

Thats does not make sense...

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sur your login belong to the proper grouping in the quality system?

You should compare between both system if you are identical, it is easy to have differences....

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

How do i check if my login belongs to the proper grouping in quality system? & how do i compare?

can you be a nit more elaborate?

Thanks

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SQ02 on the top left, it indicates if you are global area or not (for the choice when you transfer)

then with Edit/Field Group/ Change you can check if you are in the proper group or if you have any

In SQ03 you can do the assignement of a user to a group

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please let me know your email id.so that i can send u screen shorts

Thanks,

Usha

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

my id is ravula (dot) shravan at gmail dot com.

Thanks

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sent screen shorts to your email.

export in source client and import in destination client

Usha

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

I did get you mail..thanks for that...but the file i think is corrupt..i am unable to open it. Pls. re-send it in a compatiable format.

Thanks

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

If you wna tto move the changes to QA system in case of Ad-hoc reports/query use the below steps.

*Goto SE38 and enter the program name as RSAQR3TR (sap query transport tool) and execute.*

*Where select the export option.*

2. then select the check boxes just below to test run.

3. goto select transport infoset option and enter the infoset name.

4. then execute. where you will be getting the transport number.

5. then release the transport and move to Qa system.

*Then if you want to view the changes in QA system.*

*1. goto the program again and select Import option.*

*2. repeat the step 2 as mentioned above*

3. goto infoset option and enter the infoset name.

*4. GOTO the last option Dataset with imports and enter the transport number which was genetated in development then execute program.*

And the check the query whether the created infoset is available or not.

Let me know if you have any issues.

thanks,

vasu.

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I did try as you suggested..the first step was fine, but when i go to the quality system & run the report & seleect the required options & execute, it says " F Transport Dataset XXXXXX does not exist".

Pls. suggest!!!

Thanks

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here the data set should be the transport number which you have generated in development.

check this.

vasu.

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is the transport request....it has been generated in development, but when i run the program in Quality it says it does exist.

Tnx

SKR

0 Kudos

Hi ,

The generated transport request needs to be transported using Tcode: SE09, before checking in Quality.

Run Tcode:SE09, then select Infoset Transport request and click on Truck Icon. so that it will move to quality.

hope it will resolve your issue.

Regards

Sunil Kondoju

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Let me try this....

Thanks

SKR

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I did transport the request through SE09 first, then went to HN5 ran the program, but when i check SQ02 for the infoset, i do not see the infoset there.

Is there any other step that I am missing?

Thanks

Shravan

0 Kudos

Hi,

do one thing, go to SQ02 in development, give your infoset name, then click on change button, then it takes you to next screen, Then Press SAVE button or Press Ctrl+S keys on your key board. So that system will ask new request to generate, then give the description and generate the request and transprot the request using SE09, then check it in Quality system.

Hope this time you will able to fix the issue, else send test mail to ( mail2sunilk at gmail dot com ), give your mobile num, will give a call.

Regards

Sunil Kondoju

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

For an infoset, a transport would not be generated by merely saving the infoset. Its a bit different. Anyways, i did try what ever you said, & the message is 'Infoset XXXX is saved'. It does not create any transport request.

Once you save & generate it, you need to use the program "RSAQR3TR" as suggetsed by our friend & export the request.

Thanks

SKR

shafiq_rehman3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sharavan,

If I would be you, I would avoid all that transport things and simply download the infoset in DEV and then login to QA and upload it in there. It is simple. Just click that transport icon on SQ02 screen and select "Download" option and select the infoset radio button, in DEV. Then do a "UPLOAD" in QA.

I have done it many times and it works just fine, and it is faster and simpler.