cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports between different clients on same server - ale?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been asked to create ALE between our 'golden client' and 2 new clients that I have generated using client copy for the purpose of transporting from our golden client to the two new clients.

Is this the correct way of passing transports from DEV to QAS (which now contains 3 clients)

ie.

transport from

1. DEV client 200 to QAS client 200

2. transport from

QAS client 200 to QAS client 202

Or is there another method?

Please advise

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's the correct way, in fact the "transport" betwen the 200 and 202 client can be made using transaction scc1 at the destination client when you are "trasnporting" within the same system and diferent clients.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Do you have any documentation or instructions on how to create an ale? or is it we just use scc1?

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALE (Application Link Enable) is different thing, if you are talking about transport within same system from one client to other client then use SCC1.

if you want to required information on ALE then post your query in [Data transfers|; under ABAP development forum.

regards,

kaushal

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

The transports are between the same systems only different clients

Would I not use stms and transport into client 202 QAS from DEV? I'm not sure that scc1 does the transports? I have not used it this way

Maria

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Would stms not work ?

ie.

when I do a transport from client 200 in DEV to client 200 in QAS

Could I also do the transport from client 200 in DEV to client 202 in QAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use stms while transporting from one (DEV) system to another (QAS) system.

prerequisites are - STMS and transport route must configure between the system.

regards,

kaushal

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I see, the transaction scc1 will bring the changes (similar to stms transports) from one client to another in the same system

ie.

In client QAS scc1 from client 200 to client 202.

The transaction requires the specific transport to bring from the source 200 in QAS to the target in QAS , 202.

I ran scc1 in test mode and it was good. The results gave the the number of objects updated and how long it took to run etc...

I think this is good.

I know that down the road there maybe a requirement for ALE setups between clients 200, 201 and 202 in QAS, but, this is confusing me, because I am not sure what the project team will need this for.

If you happen to have any information that would clarify my confusion regarding ALE that would definitely be appreciated!

Thanks for your Help!

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already suggested you to post your query in DATA transfers forum with your scenario.

you can get better answers from there.

I found following might helps you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/03e6e790-0201-0010-9d98-ab810281...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/da/cca2ad1071144e9c4f3cf3421ecbce/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)