cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using the SAP Sneakpreview I have created a function group containing a function module. This function module contains a very simple function, returning an integer value. Now I want to expose this function as a web service.

So I enabled the RFC-capability and created a web service out of this function module.

So far, there where to things I noticed, the first is, that no Virtual Interface is created for the Web Service.

Can anybody tell me how to create this virtual interface? I tried almost every tutorial here on SDN but did not find anything usefull, everytime when there should be a button for creating the VI, it does not appear.

The second thing I noticed is, that I wanted to release the Web Service for the SOAP Runtime. If I try to do this, I receive the error message, that the Client 000 has the status 'not-modifiable'.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"The second thing I noticed is, that I wanted to release the Web Service for the SOAP Runtime. If I try to do this, I receive the error message, that the Client 000 has the status 'not-modifiable'"

Go to transaction SE06, click on "System change option" button. You can also open the system in SCC4

Cheers

Juan Reyes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Other possibility is to create the copy of the client 000 with modifiable status.

Note: it looks like, that UDDI 'SAP Test Registry' does not exist. Instead of that you should use 'A Test Registry' or your own registry . Bye Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this problem myself by now.

With the new Web AS 6.40 there is no need for virtual interfaces anymore. These are created within the Web Service definiton.

If you want to access the Web Service using a WSDL you have to release the Web Service to the SOAP runtime. You can do this by accessing the transaction 'wsconfig' and then select the desired web service. After clicking on 'new' and approving relevant values, the service is released to the SOAP Runtime and now accessible using WSDL.

You can check the Web Service availibility using the transaction 'wsadmin'.