cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV export to Excel 2007 w/ SAPGUI 7.1 patch 9 as integer not text

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company upgraded their PCs to Office 2007 recently. Most of use are using SAPGUI 7.1 with patch level 7. I discovered a problem when exporting data to Excel 2007 using the XXL function (not Excel in-place). Character type fields (like MATNR) with leading zeros and where all remaining characters are numeric are interpreted as long integers now. In Excel 2003, this data were interpreted as text. I found and installed patches 8 and 9, but these did not solve the problem.

Do others in the community have this problem as well? If so, any solutions, suggestions, or other help would be greatly appreciated!

Wes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_peroni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Resolved with patch 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem with cell format with Excel 2007 : with excel 2002, data were interpreted as text (1008781E00) and with excel 2007, data are interpreted as scientific (1,01E+06). Other problem : with excel 02, data were interpreted as date and with excel 07 as standard. Patch 10 installation don,'t resolve my problems. Perhaps the solution is in OSS note 972579 with a upgrade of SAP_BASIS ? Thanks. Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest that you try applying the OSS note 972579. My client is working on Support Package SAPKB70009 (not the same at SAPGUI patch 9). This OSS is included in the Support Package SAPKB70010. You should confirm which package you are working with. At any screen, select menu path System > Status... to get the System:Status popup window. Find the group "SAP data" and the subgroup "SAP System data". You will see a button with a magnifying glass below the Component version field. Click this button to see the Component information. Look for the Software Component SAP_BASIS and look at the Highest Support Package and compare this to the information in the OSS note.

Edit: By the way, we applied the OSS note above and resolved the problem. We contacted SAP and this was the direction we received from them.

Edited by: Wesley Feimster on Oct 9, 2008 9:21 AM

andrea_peroni
Explorer
0 Kudos

I up this post because i have the same problem, someone have any solution?