cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

troubleshooting steps required for R/3 Purch order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya participants,

Please can you explain the steps required to trobleshoot as why my SRM PO is not copying into our R/3 ECC5 system please?

We definatley have an aqward situation which means that the PO is not replicating to R/3 training system. Our team have checked:

1. BBP_PD but cannot see any error messages

2. RZ20.

3. Abap short dump and system logs

4. Transactio types and number ranges settings in R/3 ECC5 and SRM.

For example, do any function modules exist for us to step through? Our PO's are creating in SRM fine and have no notable errors. Any directions would be much welcome.

Thanking in advance,

Pooja Kaur.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There had been a community contribution (SRM Article) titled "How to Foreground Backend PO Replication Errors and Eliminate u2018Error In Processu2019 POS In Extended Classic Scenario" which is exact solution for your problem.

This article explains everything in detail. Please find the link below:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80045154-34f4-2a10-e6ae-b758882c...

Best Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have made this FM available for production SRM, but due to the reasons that the SRM Po is not displaying any error messages like error in process and as it it also not outputting any error message in the application monitor, i still cannot see causes for why the PO does not tranfer to our SAP backend. What i am able to confirm is that PO documents with the item category Material are not not transfering across as these items are from supplier hosted external catalogue. any orders created with item service do transfer to SAP production.

Please input,

warmest thanks,

Pooja Kaur.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

some check points:-

Hope your RFC destination name and Logical name are equal.

check your rfc user has sufficient roles and profiles in sm59.

Activated ecs in spro

Believe that you have defined modelviews correctly.

if you dont find anything ,try to debug and find out why it is not transfering.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Our basis netweaver engineer has informed us that changing the RFC name to match Logical system cannot not done as it is not possible. Can you please elaborate if is is very much essential that the RFC name matches Logical system?As mentioned,we can create some backend documents, but for service items categories only. If this is the situation, please let me know if we proceed to place the business case to Basis that we change the RFC name.

Warmest regards, Pooja Kaur.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is one of the good practices in SRM. It avoids lot of confusions and reduce the problem too.

Hope that you may in development server and try if it works go ahead.

Are you facing only for service item PO or every PO.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu.

any orders including with service item category are very much okay and replicate to SAP backend. Any orders that are material item category are very much defective and fail to replicate to SAP backend. transaction code entry BBP_pd does show for the faulty item GUI ID that fails to replicate to SAP backend that is has no sub type EP extended local purchase order whilst the others have a subtype.

warmest regards, Pooja.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In SRM we dont have any item category concept. Please clarify you never replicate any PO in the backend for any type of SC or some carts PO only not transfering..

so we can narrow down the point where we missed out.

Definetly you will have a log in BBP_PD. paste that log .

Regards

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 10, 2008 5:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu

If you permit, I can send the BBP_PD PO log to your personal email account as I would not want it pasted onto the public forum. Please can you elaborate if you are permitting me to send the log to your email account.

Please respond.

PoOja.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check if anything is there in BD87. You can compare from the PO modification time. Please check that in R/3 too.

Edited by: Viv on Sep 10, 2008 8:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viv.

Why would the PO be visible in BD87 if it is to be generated by RFC and not ALE IDOC? Is this correct? Please elaborate.

Bye,

pooja,