cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Cost Calculation in Process Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I updated Standard cost of a raw material through a cost estimate and also ran cost estimate of the FIN that is using this raw material but when I am creating a Process order, it is taking the cost of this particular raw material from the previous estimate not the recent one to calculate the target cost. Can any body help me with this.

Thanks

MKR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MKR SAP, It is great. pl share how you cracked it. It seems our whole inputs have gone waste. Trust this helps much! Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard cost will not be updated unless you mark and release the cost. Do Marking and releasing in Ck24.

But before marking you have to delete the existing cost estimate using ckr1.

When you delete the cost estimate and re run the cost, price change documents will be posted.

Let me know if you have any questions..

Happy to help

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have already marked and released the new Cost Estimate for this material and the material also shows it. I have also ran the cost estimate (Mark & Released) for the finished good but still it is using the cost from the previous cost estimate for raw material to calculate the total actual cost.

Any other clue.

Thanks

MKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MKR, I understood your problem. You might have changed the stategy in valuation variant of the Costing Variant for creating Standard cost estimate in order to make the system to pick up the correct cost of the raw material. But if you want to do for the same for actual/simultaneous costing also, you need to bring in the same strategy in the valuation variant of the Costing Variant of Actual Production which will be found in control tab of the Process order. Hope this answers to your query as well its resolution!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

My Valuation variants for the Costing Variant of Cost Estimate and Production order (Actual/Plan) cost calculation are in Sync to get the prices according to the price indicator in material master. But when it calculates cost for a production order, it is picking up cost from the previous period for that particular raw material. I have updated the standard cost by running the cost estimate but still its not working.

Any lead on this. This will be really appreciated.

Thanks

MKR