cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No User Authentication for support pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

While testing I notice that entering the full URL's in the browser address bar for

Support Tickets ( SupportPage.aspx)

KnowledgeBase (support/default.aspx, SolutionDetail.aspx and Search.aspx)

Takes a user straight to those pages without forcing a login.

Is there a way of forcing a login to access these pages?

The Knowledge Base is perhaps less import but the current environment allows Support Tickets to entered without a UserID which does not make sense.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geoff,

Are you sure you are testing this correctly? I just tested the scenario you described and was forced to login on both pages. I believe it could be because ASP.NET is caching the login settings you have set.

To clear the cache, go to the About.aspx page, scroll to the bottom and click "Re-cache plugins and themes" and "Clean up memory"

This should put the login required into full effect.

Kind Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Went in as manager I cleared the Cache (- it still reports 5 items in the cache though ) and cleaned memory

I logged out. and then typed in the URL's

There I was back in support again and this time in the support ticket page the userID and BP ID were showing as manager and internal

Seems something is still being held in memory - but surely this shouldn't happen if I'd properly logged out.

I closed the site and re-opened - this time although I could get back to support using the URLs again without logging in , no UserID and BP Id were displayed on the support ticket page.

I wonder if there is anything in the settings causing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also might want to try clearing your cookies on your browser, possibly there is a bad cookie there? Also, restarting IIS completely after changing this setting might do the trick as well.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

What you suggested made sense but no luck.

I deleted cookies and restarted IIS but I can still access the support pages without logging in just by typing the address in the address bar.

(It does however force a login if I try to access User pages e.g. tickets or profile)

The same happens for a second webtools website I have running. These are latest patch webtools websites synching to a 2007A SP01 PL30 database on a local Windows XP installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geoff,

I have tested this on multiple machines/instances of webtools all running Patch 11 and cannot recreate the scenario you describe.

You are setting log in required under Setup > Config settings > Netpoint and emptying cache/re-caching from the about.aspx page every time you change this setting?

Has the support page been customized at all? There is a way to bypass login on a page by page basis if the page has been customized.

Kind Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to follow this one through.

I had asked previously whether there was anything in settings affecting this and (unfortunately) it was as simple as that.

I had been unaware of the SetUp>Config Settings> Netpoint : Login Required check box and that fact that out of the box it is unticked (although certain other pages in the site obviously require authentication despite this)

To complete this thread could you explain what needs to be added to a page so that it bypasses a login requirement given that this check box effectively locks out the entire site

Geoff

Answers (0)