Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving EDI 997 into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding how a 997 inbound into SAP would be reflected in the system (we are receiving a 997 from the vendor based on a PO we send out)

1. Where would the 997 be reflected in the PO? Would this be a new confirmation category under the 'Confirmation' tab?

2. What basic idoc type/message type would be used?

Thanks for the help!!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiffanie Lin,

Please check this link

Best regards,

raam

0 Kudos

Hi Raam,

Thank you for the quick response! I still don't understand where on the PO the functional acknowledgement is captured. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Tiffanie

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tiffanie

The EDI 997 message is a functional acknowledgment which corresponds to an acknowledgement IDoc in SAP. This acknowledgment is reflected in the EDI/ALE status of the outbound IDoc.

Example:

I created a purchase order and sent it as outbound ORDERS.ORDERS05 IDoc (no = 414840).

For this outbound IDoc I created an inbound ALEAUD IDoc. Processing the acknowledgement IDoc (WE19, inbound fm IDOC_INPUT_ALEAUD) Idoc 414840 received an additional status 41 = Application document created in target system.

To be honest I do not know whether this IDoc acknowlegement is somehow reflected in the original purchase order but I doubt this is the case.

The ALEAUD01 IDoc looked like this:

• Header E1ADHDR:

• MESTYP ORDERS

• MESTYP_LNG ORDERS05

• Status E1STATE:

• DOCNUM 0000000000414840

• STATUS 53

• STATXT DOCUMENT PROCESSED SUCCESSFULLY IN APPLICATION

• STAMQU SAP

• STAMID IDOC_ADPAPTER

• STAMNO 000

Regards