cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Expertice Needed: some functional questions for Proto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a prototype and we would need to have some questions answered. Any hint is most welcomed.

BPF

- Are BPFs assigned to a user or can a user run different BPFs (i.e., one same user running one for budgeting and another one for sales data).

- There is a feature that allows to set the system to send an e-mail some days before running the BPF. We have reports of this feature not working properly. Has anybody managed to keep it up running?

- Can we set a BPF not to run until another BPF is done?

Security

- Can we set the security in such a way that we allow one user to input only cost data for one entity and at the same time only sales data for another entity? (what would be the best scenario for achieving this? having cost and sales data that in one same application or having them in two different applications?)

Reporting (mainly EvDRE, but could be otherwise if it is any better)

- How can we set a report so that the expansions are based on a value of a crossing (instead of a value in a property)? (i.e., having a dimension "asset" and having a report dynamically showing only those assets of purchase year superior to the Current View year? Using evdre's expansion properties? suppressions?)

- How can we have linked dimensions? That is, having set one member of a dimension we would like to have the members allowed for another dimension filtered (i.e., if one dimension is "shops" and another one is "products", having set shop A we would like to be able to offer a list with only the products available in shop A....similar case to the previous question, but this time for slicer dimensions instead of axis dimensions )

Thank you very much for your comments,

Rafael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael... below are answers to some part of your queries...

BPF

Are BPFs assigned to a user or can a user run different BPFs (i.e., one same user running one for budgeting and another one for sales data).

BPFs can be assigned to multiple users and each user can be run multiple BPFs.

Security

Can we set the security in such a way that we allow one user to input only cost data for one entity and at the same time only sales data for another entity? (what would be the best scenario for achieving this? having cost and sales data that in one same application or having them in two different applications?)

Its better to have two different applications for sales and finance. But we need to bring planned sales revenue from sales application into finance application. Create a new member access profile with dimension Account as R/W and restrict it to cost accounts in members field. And create another member access profile and restrict to sales related account members. Assign them to users as per requirement. Hope this meets your requirement.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Lokesh.

About the other questions, anybody can help me out?

BPF

Can we set a BPF not to run until another BPF is done? We have thought about using a special workstatus needed that would be set up only in the second BPF, but maybe there is a better approach.

REPORTING (mainly EvDRE, but could be otherwise if it is any better)

How can we get linked dimensions ? We would need to have in reports something like what there is available for journals through the Journal Validation Rules where having selected a member of one dimension (driver dimension) makes available to the user only a certain set of members of another dimension (driven dimension). Anyone implemented it? Maybe using VB code?

Thank you very much,

Rafael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick note on evdre.

Have you considered building a matrix that specifies the dimensionality based on a user selection, either the current view or even a drop down list?

You would then have the pagekeyrange refer to the matrix for the dimensionality?