BPC Expertice Needed: some functional questions for Proto
I am working on a prototype and we would need to have some questions answered. Any hint is most welcomed.
- Are BPFs assigned to a user or can a user run different BPFs (i.e., one same user running one for budgeting and another one for sales data).
- There is a feature that allows to set the system to send an e-mail some days before running the BPF. We have reports of this feature not working properly. Has anybody managed to keep it up running?
- Can we set a BPF not to run until another BPF is done?
- Can we set the security in such a way that we allow one user to input only cost data for one entity and at the same time only sales data for another entity? (what would be the best scenario for achieving this? having cost and sales data that in one same application or having them in two different applications?)
Reporting (mainly EvDRE, but could be otherwise if it is any better)
- How can we set a report so that the expansions are based on a value of a crossing (instead of a value in a property)? (i.e., having a dimension "asset" and having a report dynamically showing only those assets of purchase year superior to the Current View year? Using evdre's expansion properties? suppressions?)
- How can we have linked dimensions? That is, having set one member of a dimension we would like to have the members allowed for another dimension filtered (i.e., if one dimension is "shops" and another one is "products", having set shop A we would like to be able to offer a list with only the products available in shop A....similar case to the previous question, but this time for slicer dimensions instead of axis dimensions )
Thank you very much for your comments,