Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Logon Date for Deleted Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I checked to see last logon date for a deleted user-SAP ECC 6.0?

-Wes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Questions relating to deleted users turn up every so often here (and in reality probably much more often).

All the discussions I am aware of (use the search to find them and some ways of getting some of the information) have ended in => "Do not delete the user in the first place".

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Questions relating to deleted users turn up every so often here (and in reality probably much more often).

All the discussions I am aware of (use the search to find them and some ways of getting some of the information) have ended in => "Do not delete the user in the first place".

Cheers,

Julius

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How can I checked to see last logon date for a deleted user-SAP ECC 6.0?

Maybe if you re-create the userid you can see it again. For this reason, and a ton of others it is a bad idea to delete users. Better work with validity dates, lock them and take away their roles.

0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Apparently there's not a way getting this info. I did try re-creating the user however chekcing USR02 the TRDAT field has been reset. Our practice for managing inactive is to lock at 90 days and delete at 180 days.

0 Kudos

> Our practice for managing inactive is to lock at 90 days and delete at 180 days.

Well, maybe it's time to review and amend that practice......

0 Kudos

> ... chekcing USR02 the TRDAT field has been reset.

In lower releases you could easily have made a big mistake doing that.

In all releases the security audit log (SM20) is the correct tool for this, but you cannot retro-fit it.

If the SM20 log is not activated for logon events, then there are several other ways of reconstructing parts of the information but they are all incomplete and a big effort.

Cheers,

Julius