cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record results via PI sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All

We have a requirement wherein we want to update results directly in inspection lot via PI sheet.

Any inputs on this will be of great help.

Thanks & Regards

TOM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udaya,

You can do it via applying following Points.

1) Create Separate Control Recipe Destination for QM people.

2) Apply Control Key which is marked as MIC required.

3) Create Process Instruction Catagory by using below mention Function modules. (Process Instruction type - 6 Dynamic function call)

QPRS_PI_NEW_SAMPLE_DRAW :- For Physical Sample Record Creation (Function Call QMJMP_NS )

QPRS_PI_SAMPLE_DRAW_PROCESSING :- Processing of Physical-Sample Drawings (Function Call QMJMP_SD)

or

4) You can also do Result recording by using Process instruction catagory type - 5 Inspection results request.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhaval

I tried to use Process instruction catagory type - 5 Inspection results request. The control recipe got created. However process instructions are not created and i get a message that some customizing is missing.

Any inputs on this?

Regards

TOM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Pintoo,

Let me clear one thing,

Process instruction type 05 is nothing but program which branch you to Inspection Lot from PI Sheet.After Completing it you will again get back to PI sheet.

I can't under stand

The control recipe got created. However process instructions 
are not created and i get a message that some customizing is missing

One one hand you said Control Recipe is generated and said Process Instruction are not created (Process Instructions are part of Control Recipe)So pls elaborate it.

Till that let me explain some points,

- For 05 type PI category you will find one Button in Control Recipe which Branch you to the Inspection lot for RR.

- Process steps for Pi Sheet are

CO53 ---> CO55/CO60 ---> CO54.

- In Process order (COR2 / COR3) by clicking Go to -

> Log ---> On Control Recipe you will find the detail Error Description and its solution.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 9, 2008 6:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhaval

Thanks for the excellent explanation. It is clear now. I was able to see the PI sheet and also branch to results recording screen.

Actually our requirement is that we will give the results in the PI sheet and it has to directly update the inspection lot (I do not want to branch). Is it possible via standard SAP.

Any thoughts on this.

Regards

TOM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pintoo,

I have never tested it and also I am not in favor of Result recording , Goods Issue and Goods Receipt through PI sheet.

But if you are intrested then let it try by below PI categories.

Use QMRES_PH - Record inspection result for phase.

Now use this category as below.

1) In O10C - Control Recipe destination.

select Destination created for QM person - Suppose it is QM.

then Select it and go to Process Instruction to be Genretaed (Left side of the Screen) and assign this PI category by pressing New Item.

select

Position = At the start of Control Recipe or at the start of Phase (I am not sure but try by using different values but in test t cliant)

Sequence = 10

Instruction cat = QMRES_PH

Gen Scope = For all Inspection Characterstic.

Then Create new Process order and Generate Control Recipe and see the result.

Result in Inspection Lot may be update only after Completion of PI sheet and also massage sent though CO54.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhaval

I tried this and process message is being generated. However values are not getting directly updated in the inspection lot. I can see the values in the F4 drop down.

Can we get the values from the process message via some standard function module and then update inspection lot using some BAPI?

Regards

TOM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PIntoo,

Have you sent that process massage though T.Code CO54?

And regarding BAPI consult your abaper , is it possible or not? I have no idea.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhaval

I send via CO54. Thanks for your input.

Regards

TOM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pintoo,

I want to know after sending through CO54 still problem is the same or now it display in Inspection lot.

Regards,

Dhaval