cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Status Validate and Data Manager Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a 2 part question... I have setup my work status settings so that only the Owner can unlock and lock the DM, JRN, MAN, COMM, and DOCS.

1. The lock prevents users from altering data through input schedules, however, data manager packages can still be run. Is there some logic we can add to all of the packages to check whether there is a lock in place or not?

2. In the application parameters, there is a work status validation option, we have set it to "YES" and listed the member validation in Work status settings to "BalSht".

When we try to change the work status, we are prompted with an error that says "The data did not pass validation because the validation account does not equal zero. Correct the data and resubmit."

I looked further into this issue and saw that our BalSht (balance sheet) is not absolute zero but has some residual rounding at the 6th or 7th decimal place. Is there a way to have the work status validate option check only 2 decimals?

Thank you for your time and help,

Nikunj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

For your 1st question, you can go for modify package n modify the script. In the script you can remove to prompt asking user if to check workstatus and hardcode value to always verify the work status.

May be some 1 else will help on 2nd question.

Regards,

kranthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kranthi,

I have tried hardcoding a 1 for the checklck and it still allows the package to run. I double checked the work status settings and DM is "Locked".

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Nikunj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a bit more digging and found in tableFinanceLock ..there is a column for statuscode. it becomes 3 when the data is locked. How can I check this in the front end or the DTS script? Since the checklck doesn't do anything

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj

Are you sure you choose the correct CATEGORY/ENTITY/TIME ?

For question #2,

How do you fill or calculate the content of BalSht ? If it gets its value from MDX, can you use ROUND() function ?

Other way is, use other member for validation and this member get its data from BalSht with ROUND() function.

Regards,

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nikunj,

Check the script once again if changes are saved. I am not sure if you can edit script directly in modify package tab.

You need to open the dts n you will ind a custon task named Evmodifyscript, you past the modified script in the task n save back the dts n try if it works.

Hope this helps,

kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kranthi,

I double checked that the script was saved. How do I write a evModifyScript?

Thanks,

Nikunj

Answers (0)